During the 2012-2013 school year, PE will be on year five of the curriculum cycle.
During year one, the following occurred:
- Current K-12 PE curriculum was mapped.
- Best practices and current trends in PE were reviewed and discussed.
- A district philosophy was adopted based on best practice/current trends, STMA mission statement, and STMA strategic directions..
- School stakeholders including parents, students, and staff were surveyed.
- A benchmarking study in PE was conducted.
- Minnesota PE academic standards were reviewed and "powered up." To view a copy, of the standards, click here.
- A district philosophy in PE was drafted. To view the PE district philosophy, click here.
- To see a timeline of review items for 2008-2009, please see attached.
To view a copy of the district PE curriculum adoption report, click here.
To download a copy of the STMA PE standards, click here
To download a copy of PE best practices (from NASPE), click here.
During year two, the focus was on writing curriculum that included course essential questions, units of instruction, unit essential questions, and common assessments for each course. In addition, teachers piloted resources. Resources were purchased for full implementation in fall 2007.
During year three, curriculum was field tested and revisions were made. Years four through six involve monitoring and making changes as needed.
Curriculum maps can be viewed by clicking on the class title below.
K PE Map
Grade 1 PE Map
Grade 2 PE Map
Grade 3 PE Map
Grade 4 PE Map
Grade 5 PE Map
Grade 6 PE Map
Grade 7 PE Map
Grade 8 PE Map
Grade 9 PE Map
Grade 10 PE Map
Nets & Racquets 10 Map
Team Sports 10 Map
Weight Training & Cardio 10 Map
Advanced Weight Training & Cardio Map
Body Shaping & Toning Map
Power Volleyball Map
Nets & Racquets Map
Team Sports Map
Sports Health Map
For more information, contact Dr. Ann-Marie Foucault, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-497-6524